Out of stock
'One life. Just one. Why are we not running like we are on fire towards our wildest dreams?" - Unknown.
MEMENTO MORI - remember you are mortal. Central to the Stoic way of living a good life, was the understanding that you are mortal, and your time on earth is limited. So run, full tilt, towards your wildest dreams! This pendant is a daily reminder of mortality.
A double skull pendant, hand carved from Deer Antler. The central ball is carved from Woolly Mammoth and the bottom is Sterling Silver.
The skull is an ancient symbol that has long been adopted to evoke a host of strong emotional responses - ranging from fear to courage and individuality. It is often seen as a representation of death and mortality, but throughout time it has been adopted to symbolise many other things, including:
- Celebrating the memory of the dead
- Celebrating life
- As a symbol of life after death
- As a symbol of change
- Skulls are worn to bring good luck, or avoid bad luck
- They are also worn to symbolise toughness, machismo, courage, bravery or indifference to death and danger
- They are seen as a symbol of nonconformity, free-thinking, and rebelliousness
- Or, they are worn as visually striking fashion accessories.
We offer this awesome one off piece on a fixed length cord with bone toggle fixture.
Free Shipping Worldwide
Material: Deer Antler, Woolly Mammoth, Sterling Silver
Cord: Black; Length: Fixed Length: 52cm
Size: 94mm (3.7") long; 17mm (0.6") wide